The Britax Boulevard 70 G3 After A 55MPH Head on Crash : Britax G3 Convertible Car Seats : Safety You Can See : Review & #Giveaway
Buying car seats used to be overwhelming for me, there are so many different options with different weight descriptions, safety and comfort features to choose from. The most important of course is safety. After doing lots of research to find the safest, most comfortable and durable car seat Britax was always at the top of the list and I recently found out for myself why that is.
1. HUGS Chest Pads with SafeCell Technology. The HUGS Chest Pads with SafeCell Technology ensure proper positioning of the retraints and the SafeCells compress to manage energy and reduce forward movement in a crash.
2. Side Impact Protection. Multiple layers of side impact protection that help to absorb the impact and cushion your child in a side impact crash.
3. Base with SafeCell Technology. The base of the G3 convertible car seats feature SafeCell Technology that compresses in a crash and counteracts the forward rotation of the seat.
4. Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether. To reduce forward movement and rotation the G3 convertible car seats use a patented staged-release tether webbing. Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether can help to minimize injury by: diverting crash forces away from your child during a crash, minimizing the movement of your child during the crash, and helping to slow down your child’s body during a crash.
5. Integrated Steel Bars. Strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat.
To learn more about the safety you can see features visit, www.BritaxUSA.com.
I am extremely pleased with the features the G3 Convertible seats have to help keep my baby safe in the event of a car accident. However, I hoped they would never be put to the test… but a few weeks ago they were. We had received a new Britax Boulevard 70-G3 for review.
A couple of weeks after installing it my husband was on his way to work in the morning during a large rainstorm that had been going on for days. It was on a 2-lane road with high speed limits of 55mph. My husbands car and the other driver both hydroplaned and lost control resulting in a high speed head on accident. Thank the Good Lord, my husband was okay and that my daughter was not in the car at the time! My husband walked away with sprains, bumps, bruises and a broken nose. To show you how bad the accident was here is a look at the car –
As you can see the car is demolished and all of the airbags including passenger and rear side airbags deployed. The Britax Boulevard 70-G3 was in the car at the time of the crash. The side airbags came out with such force it ripped the sun visor from the window and even though (again, THANK GOD!) my daughter was not in the car, the car seats safety was put to the test. The car seat stayed secure and in place and doesn’t even look like it’s been in an accident. Here are some photos of the car seat after the accident –
While of course, I’m very happy with the safety there are more features to talk about that I’ve fallen in love with. It is very easy and quick to buckle Pinky in. This is super important to me not only for convenience but for safety as well. I always feel like a sitting duck with my back turned in parking lots while I buckle her in. The Britax Boulevard G3-70 is easy to buckle her in properly and quickly. The EZ-Buckle system keeps the harness buckle forward so that she doesn’t end up sitting on it when I set her in it. Which means no more fishing it out from under her bottom, I used to HATE that with our old car seat! The Five-Point Harness is also tangle free so the straps don’t get all twisted. Our old car seat ended up twisted all the time and took forever to correct so this features is a HUGE hit with me!
Adjusting the Britax Boulevard G3-70 is very simple. The buckle can be adjusted with the lever underneath the seat. There is a hole where you can stick your finger through to adjust without having to move the seat cover. The headrest is also easily adjusted with a button, just grip the headrest and adjust it for your child’s height.
For even more conveience the soft and stylish covers are easy to remove without having to uninstall or take apart the seat when it needs cleaning.
Not only are the Britax G3 Convertible Car Seats safe, convenient and comfortable they are also affordable. There are models for every price point.
BRITAX ADVOCATE 70-G3 (MSRP: $379.99)
PAVILION 70-G3 (MSRP: $339.99)
BOULEVARD 70-G3 (MSRP: $319.99)
MARATHON 70-G3 (MSRP: $289.99)
ROUNDABOUT 55 (MSRP: $199.99)
Needless to say I’m very happy with this car seat. In fact, the moment our insurance sent the check for a replacement car seat we went out and bought another Britax Boulevard G3-70 car seat!
For more information about BRITAX car seats, visit www.BRITAXusa.com
One Mommy Digger reader will win a Britax Boulevard 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat RV $319.99! To enter, fill out the rafflecopter form below. Ends 10/15 at 11:59PM EST.