My Little Pony Inspired Sandwich Art for the Nature’s Harvest Sandwich Art Contest & Visa Gift Card #Giveaway
My oldest is starting school next week and will be going full time which means she'll be eating her lunches at school. For me, that is going to take getting creative with her lunches to make her meals so fun that she enjoys eating them. She LOVES peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and asks for one daily but since that is not allowed in school this mama is going to have to get creative with her lunches.
I was inspired by Nature’s Harvest® bread to make a fun back to school sandwich art for my child as a healthy fun way to celebrate school starting. Her most favorite thing in the world right now is My Little Pony so I set out to make My Little Pony inspired sandwich art.
So, armed with Nature's Harvest Whole Grain White bread and the following supplies I made a Applejack from My Little Pony inspired sandwich to put a smile on her face and help encourage her to eat a healthy lunch.
Nature's Harvest Bread is delicious and you'll be happy to know it is a great healthy way to include whole grains in your meal.
o At least 8 grams of whole grains in every serving.
o No artificial flavors, colors or high-fructose corn syrup
o ALL Nature’s Harvest varieties carry the whole grain stamp.
o Whether Made with Whole Grain White, Honey Wheat-or any other variety, moms be sure it’s made with whole grains because it says Nature’s Harvest.
My Little Pony Applejack Inspired Sandwich Art
- Nature's Harvest Whole Grain White bread
- Slice of Swiss Cheese
- 2 Slices of American Cheese
- 1 Red Apple
- 1 Green Apple
- Cut a roundish shape piece of bread for the face
- Cut out a triangular shape piece of bread for the ear and slice a small piece of crust for the inner ear shadow
- Using the heel of the loaf of bread cut out Applejack's cowboy hat in two pieces. One for the brim and one for the top of the hat.
- The hair is made using American cheese. I looked at a picture of Applejack and cut out 3 separate pieces. One for her bangs, one for the ponytail and one for the bottom of the pony tail.
- For the eyes, cut out 2 oval shapes of swiss cheese and repeat with the green apple slices and layer those on top of the swiss cheese.
- Next, layer a small circle of swiss cheese over top of the green apple circles for her eye balls.
- Her hair tie is made from a red apple slice.
- If you want, you can also make her cutie mark like I did using 3 small circle shaped slices of red apple and small green apple slices for the apple leaves.
Nature’s Harvest® Sandwich Art Photo Contest
From August 24th to September 6th parents can visit the Nature's Harvest Facebook Page to submit a photo of their sandwich art creations, using Nature’s Harvest® bread, for the chance to win fun prizes! One grand prize winner will receive a “kitchen crash” from Celebrity Chef Kelsey Nixon, where she’ll cook sandwich-centric meals and provide tips to the winner’s family!
Nature’s Harvest® Bread would love to offer you the opportunity to turn your child’s lunch into a creative masterpiece that will not only look adorable and taste great, but will also help provide your family the whole grains they need. Each variety of Nature’s Harvest® Bread is baked with at least 8 grams of whole grains per serving which will put them well on their way to consuming 32-40 grams per day which is recommended by U.S. Dietary Guidelines.
$25 Visa Gift Card and $5 Nature's Harvest Bread Coupon Giveaway