Chef Boyardee ‘Almost Homemade Meals’ Quick & Easy Recipes : Ravioli Lasagna
As a working mom dinner in our house can be challenge. I try to come up with meals that are quick, balanced and nutritious, which is not an easy task. On the days I’m in the office I usually don’t arrive home until 7 in the evening after picking up Baby Digger from Grandma and Papaw Diggers, leaving little time to get dinner made, chores done, bath time and bedtime. Daddy Digger is helpful in getting all these tasks done but finding quick dinners is key to allowing more quality family time together.
Chef Boyardee ‘Almost Homemade Meals’ are new quick and easy recipes, great for busy moms and families! There are 6 new recipes including Cheeseburger-roni, Chili-roni, Pepperoni Spaghetti Bake, Ravioli Lasagna and Taco-Roni. I’ve always liked Chef Boyardee® Beef Ravioli’s on their own and I never thought to use them in a recipe and make a meal for the entire family! All of the recipes are ready in less than a total of 35 minutes, gotta love that! Lasagna is one of my favorite meals and I don’t have the time to make it often so I was interested in trying a quick new way to make it so I gave the ravioli lasagna recipe a whirl. The recipe calls for 6 simple ingredients and preparation was a breeze.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup frozen loose cut leaf spinach
- 2 can (15 oz each) Chef Boyardee® Beef Ravioli
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes, drained well
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8×8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place spinach in microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes; squeeze spinach dry.
- Combine ravioli, drained tomatoes and Italian seasoning in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is hot. Combine cottage cheese, spinach and black pepper in small bowl.
- Place half of ravioli mixture in bottom of baking dish. Top with half of cottage cheese mixture and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Repeat layers. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
Involve the kids with the preparation. They can stir together the cottage cheese mixture and help layer the ingredients in the dish. Trying to please a picky eater? Substitute the spinach with another vegetable the family enjoys. You also could place all of the spinach mixture between the layers of ravioli or leave the spinach out completely.
The total recipe time took me just under 30 minutes. When it was done baking we sat down to enjoy our dinner. It was a hit! I enjoyed it, Daddy Digger gave the recipe two thumbs up and Baby Digger seemed to enjoy it as well. It was cheesy and had just the right amount of spinach for my taste. The Italian seasoning and pepper gave it just the right amount of added flavor and spice. Plus, clean-up was quick and easy – BONUS POINTS!
I’ve added this lasagna recipe to my recipe book – it’s a keeper! The new Chef Boyardee® recipes are great for us busy mom’s, they save some time and what mom doesn’t need more time? I know I could use some! Head over and check out all the Chef Boyardee recipes on Ready, Set, Eat and try them out for yourself, I’d love to hear your thoughts as well! I’m thinking of trying the Taco-Roni recipe next, it looks and sounds super yummy!
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Chef Boyardee and received a gift card to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate. All opinions in this post are 100% my own. This post was written by me and not edited by anyone.