Celebrate Earth Hour with POCOYO on March 31! Play the Pocoyo Recycling Game and They’ll Plant 50,000 Trees! Plus #WIN Pocoyo Fun & Games DVD #Giveaway!
Pocoyo is this years Global Kids’ Ambassador for the World Widlelife Fund’s Earth Hour 2012 “I Will if You Will” campaign to spread Earth Hour’s message to children around the world thorough fun activities and by participating in their own challenge.
How can you help?
It’s easy! They’ve already reached 20,000 trees for Earth Hour, now if 100,000 people play Pocoyo’s recylcing game, Pocoyo and his friends will plant 50,000 trees for Earth Hour! How wonderful is that?! All you have to do is play the Pocoyo recycling game, visit www.earthhour.com and play and they’ll be one step closer to planting 50,000 trees.
Green Tips for at Home and Around Town!
- Turn off lights and all electronics when you leave a room to conserve energy
- Turn off lights and appliances at the wall when not in use
- Switch to energy-efficient light bulbs
- Use rechargeable batteries in toys
- Say no to disposable plastic water bottles and use refillable stainless steel alternatives
- Use dish towels instead of paper towels
- Don’t use disposable plates, utensils or napkins
- If you have stuff you no longer need, instead of throwing them away, minimize yourwaste footprint and donate to a charity or use a service that allows items to be donated or recycled such as www.palcycle.com
- Use the sunlight to warm up a room by keeping the blind and drapes open
- Close drapes and blinds when it’s too hot to keep a room cool
- Plant Native plants that require less water, care & maintenance
- Grow your own fruits & vegetables
- Start a compost
- Have a candlelight “family hour” at least once a week & play board games in lieu of TV.
- Ask kids to help sort the recycling and explain how this help to reduce waste
- Reduce your water use — Take shorter showers, turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, install water saving shower-heads and dual-flush toilets, repair dripping taps – all these things add up!
- Walk, use a bicycle or take public transportation
- Car pool to school and/or work
- Take a reusable cloth bag when you go shopping
- Buy local, seasonal produce and avoid unnecessarily packaged goods
- Choose Fair Trade products
- Share your “green tips” with friends
What would you be willing to do to help save the planet?
Visit the YouTube Earth Hour Challenge and see what you can do to help save the planet. One brave person is willing to shave their head if 5000 people sign on to Earth Hour. Another says she’ll wear whatever her daughter tells her to if 5000 commit to recycling in 2012. Ask your readers to “take up the challenge” at http://www.youtube.com/
Earth Friendly Earth Hour Party Ideas
To help celebrate Earth Hour on on Saturday March 31 from 8.30p.m. to 9:30p.m. local time here ara some POCOYO Fun & Games Earth Hour party ideas for you –
- Make invitations out of recycled paper or send an email invite.
- Use organic and locally sustained food.
- Serve finger foods to skip using plates and utensils, and use cloth napkins that can be washed and used again.
- Make dishes that don’t require the oven or electricity to prepare.
- Be creative with food, ie, licorice ends can be cut off to make edible straws for the kids.
- Family craft project – try making the special Keepsake holder out of an old cereal box (see instructions below).
- Have a nighttime, outdoor, eco-friendly scavenger hunt by flashlight – hunt for recyclable items like milk cartons, egg cartons, etc. Once the items are found, explain how they are used for recycling and to save our environment.
- Have a recycled book exchange for the kids and adults, instead of favors.
- Have fun and remember to have enough candles and flashlights for everyone to see!
Also, be sure to checkout the POCOYO Activity Booklets for download and POCOYO Earth Hour screensavers and wallpapers for FREE at http://www.POCOYO.com/earth_
Now, here is your chance to WIN Pocoyo Fun & Games on DVD!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is not a paid post. Pocoyo is providing the DVD to the winner.